Mongabay regularly offers opportunities for journalists, students, and nature enthusiasts to be involved with our efforts to raise awareness and report on environmental issues.
Opportunities E-mail List
Be sure to sign up for our Special Reporting Initiatives email list. We will send out email announcements every time a new reporting opportunity opens.
Mongabay.org offers a six-month internship program which usually involves writing environmental news stories for our affiliated news site – Mongabay.com.
The Mongabay Reporting Network (MRN) is a program that provides opportunities for journalists around the world to report on key conservation stories. Current opportunities include:
- Amazon Infrastructure– announced 28-May-2015
- Almost Famous(Unknown Species Conservation) – announced 15-May-2015
- Palm oil– announced 4-Mar-2015
- Fisheries in Indonesia– announced 28-Mar-2015
Other opportunities will be announced here.
Please follow instructions on the respective program pages. Mongabay does not currently commission unsolicited pitches outside these specific topic areas.
We can only pay for accepted submissions in the above categories. If you are still interested in publishing your piece on Mongabay, please review our submission guidelines.
Mongabay.org does not presently have any job openings. Any future positions will be listed here and announced on the homepage.
[no longer open]
- Government Crackdowns on Civil Environmental Groups– Nov 2014
- Latin American Big Industry, Climate Change, and Biodiversity Conservation– Sept 2014
- Food Waste & Spoilage in Sub-Saharan Africa Sub-Saharan Africa– Jul 2014
- The Social & Environmental Impacts of Foreign Development Finance in the Western Amazon– Jul 2014
- The Brazilian Development Bank & The Amazon– May 2014
- Great Apes and Extractive Industries– Mar 2014
- Amazonian Protected Areas: Benefits for People– Feb 2014
- Community forestry as a climate change solution– Dec 2013
- Cleaning up commodity supply chains– Dec 2013
- Is there demand for sustainable fisheries’ products in China?– Dec 2013
- The State of Marine Fisheries in Indonesia– Sept 2013
- Innovation in Tropical Biodiversity Conservation– Jul 2013